Markethill School Aims to maintain and improve the quality and standards of caring, learning and achievement for everyone.
1. Provide and deliver a broad and balanced curriculum taking into account:
· Structure of the curriculum
· Courses and programme
2. Encourage each child to attain his/her full potential taking into account:
· Progress in raising attainment
· National benchmarking
3. Provide opportunities for quality learning and teaching taking into account:
· Teachers’ planning
· The teaching process
· Pupils’ learning experiences
· Pupils’ needs
· Assessment and recording
· Reporting pupil needs
4. Provide support for pupils’ emotional, physical and social needs taking into account:
· Pastoral care
· Personal & social development
· Monitoring of progress and achievement
· Support for learning
· SEN legislation
· Placement of pupils with special educational needs
· Links with the local authority, other schools, agencies and employers.
5. Instil in the pupils and staff a sense of identity and pride by creating a welcoming ethos taking into account:
· Climate and relationships
· Expectations and promoting achievement
· Equality and fairness
· Partnership with parents, the School Board and the community
6. Provide and organise the resources that enable us to be a quality school taking into account.
· Use and care of accommodation and facilities
· Provision of resources
· Organisation and use of resources and space
· Effectiveness and deployment of staff
· Staff development and review
· School management of finances
7. Have effective leadership, management and quality assurance taking into account:
· Aims and policy making
· Self evaluation
· Planning for improvement
· Effectiveness and deployment of staff with additional responsibilities.
8. Provide as safe and healthy an environment as is possible for all adults and children within the school.
In order to achieve these aims we will develop the themes from each quality indicator found in the HMI publication ‘Our School is Good!’ for pupils, parents, staff and the wider community and link them to the National Priorities.