Maud School serves the village of Maud and the surrounding rural area. It is approximately 5 miles west of Mintlaw and 12 miles north of Ellon. It was built over 100 years ago and was opened on 28 April 1896.
Maud School Aims
There are five teaching classrooms, a library/ICT room, an art room, a central hall, 2 cloakroom areas, a staff room and a school office.
- To provide and deliver a broad, balanced curriculum with programmes planned to promote progression and continuity in learning.
- Encourage each child to reach his/her potential through a structured learning environment, which sets high but realistic targets.
- Provide good quality teaching through CPD, which is stimulating and planned to meet the needs of all pupils and is delivered at a pace which is both challenging and achievable.
- To ensure equal opportunities for pupils in our school and promote inclusion for pupils by providing a climate which supports and acknowledges the importance of the needs of all pupils and ensures personal, social, physical and intellectual growth.
- Instill a sense of identity and pride by creating a secure welcoming ethos which fosters good relationships between school, parents and the wider community.
- Provide a wide range of resources which enable us to deliver high quality teaching and support the learning of all our pupils.
- Have effective leadership which provides guidance and support to both staff and pupils and leads the school to promote raised achievement for all in partnership with staff, pupils, parents and the wider community.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for all adults and children within school to encourage the children to promote safe behaviour and a caring attitude to the world they live in.