Meldrum School is situated in the town of Oldmeldrum, six miles from Inverurie and seventeen miles from Aberdeen. It is situated in Meadowbank off Commercial Road, which leads from the square towards Inverurie, which is six miles from Oldmeldrum.
The school has a Nursery and Primary Department with 50 children in the Nursery and 306 pupils in P1 - 7. There is a Curriculum Support Unit and a Developmental Nursery for children with moderate learning difficulties.
Achievement and Attainment
To ensure all pupils realise their potential by achieving the highest standards in personal and social development and educational attainment.
Framework for Learning
To promote the best kinds of learning and teaching experiences, which
promote good learning, good behaviour, self-discipline and respect for
self, others and the environment.
Inclusion and Equality
To value and support all pupils and ensure their access to a curriculum appropriate to their needs.
Values and Citizenship
To prepare pupils for responsible citizenship by promoting the development of values, beliefs and attitudes compatible with living in a democratic, inclusive
and multicultural world, working in partnership with parents and others.
Learning for Life
To equip pupils with the foundation skills, attitudes and expectations necessary to prosper in a changing society and to encourage creativity and ambition.
The specific aims based on the Quality Indicators in ‘How Good Is Our School?’ are as follows:
- Providing and delivering a balanced curriculum which gives breadth and progression.
- Encouraging each child to develop his/her full potential and attain a high level of achievement.
- Providing opportunities for quality learning which meets pupils’ needs by using a variety of teaching approaches and appropriate learning experiences following National Guidelines.
- Providing for the emotional, physical and social needs of individual pupils
by encouraging positive attitudes in a caring and supportive environment.
- Instilling in pupils and staff a sense of identity and pride by creating a welcoming environment where each person understands what is expected of them.
- Providing the resources that enable a high standard and quality of education in Meldrum School.
- Having effective leadership.
- Providing a safe environment for children and adults.