- Stoneywood School was opened in 1865. There was a separate boys and girls school with about 50 pupils each.
- The classrooms were heated by an open fire which was very smoky.
- In 1870 the boys and girls schools joined together.
- In 1872 the school got a cleaner for the first time. Until then the older girls had to do the cleaning!
- The building we are in now was built in 1939. This was the year the Second World War began.
- During the war the children at Stoneywood had their gas masks regularly inspected. They also practised evacuating the school in case of air raid.
- In May 1940 boys from Stonyewood and Bucksburn were allowed time off to 'Dig for Victory'. They were digging trenches in waste ground in Bankhead - not for soldiers , for vegetables, to help feed those left behind.