Admissions are the responsibility of the Governors but applications for a place should first be submitted to the Headteacher.
Parents must apply on the appropriate form, giving the reasons for choosing the school, and tick at least one box.
The application must be given into All Saints’ Church of England (Aided) Junior School no later than 15th December 2006.
If the school is over-subscribed the Governors will admit children in accordance with the following criteria:-
1) Looked After Children.
2) Children of worshipping members of All Saints’ Church, Park Road, Peterborough.
3) Baptised Church of England children who do not qualify under 1 and 2 above.
4) Children of parents living within the ecclesiastical parish of All Saints’, Peterborough, i.e. in those streets listed on the last page of the school booklet.**
5) Children of parents who are worshipping members of other Christian denominations.**
6) Brothers and sisters of children who are registered at the School at the time of admission.**
7) Children who have a parent who wishes them to be educated within the Christian ethos of a Church of England Aided School.**
**4, 5, 6, 7 - If there are more applications than available places, acceptance will be determined by proximity of parental home to school measured by the shortest safe walking route. The Governors may, however, give priority to pupils on social or medical grounds. These applications should be accompanied by documentary evidence from appropriate professionals within the health or social care services.
The agreed admission limit has been set at 60.
Places are offered on the understanding that the information given is correct.
The offer of a place may be withdrawn if the information given is found to be misleading or fraudulent.
Should a child be refused admission parents have the right of appeal by writing to the Clerk of the Governors at the School within 14 days. An independent Appeal Panel will set up to consider the appeal within 6 weeks. Parents will be kept informed of the procedures and will be invited to attend.
The Governors will not consider repeat applications in the same academic year unless there has been a change of circumstances.
The school does not operate a waiting list.
Year 2 children at Queen’s Drive Infant School do not have an automatic right of transfer to All Saints’ Church of England (Aided) Junior School.