Welcome to Beaupré
We are a small village school for 4-11 year olds based in Outwell, Cambridgeshire.
Beaupré Coumminty Primary School was opened in 1939. The school has seen lots of changes over the last 67 years - additions to the buildings and improvements in teaching and learning. Development projects in recent years have included an adventure playground and a specially designed 'Micro-Chip' shop which helps the children and parents to learn ICT skills. Currently there are 143 children with 7 teachers, headteacher and 12 support staff.
Children coming to Beaupré usually know quite alot about living in a country area. We will build on this during their time at school. We will also encourage them to look beyond village life to the world that surrounds them and help them to devlop interests that we hope will last them a life time.
- We offer a broad, balanced and enriched Curriculum.
- We follow the National Curriculum maximising the opportunity for cross-curricula work.
- The National Curriculum documents and school's policy files are available for parents to look at.
- These give further details of the content and approach in the school's teaching.
- Classes are taught as a whole, groups (sometimes by ability) and as individuals.
- We have a carefully structured topic plan to ensure children do not repeat work.
We know that coming to school is just part of a child's education. Much of what they learn comes from everyday life spent with their families, friends and neighbours. We believe that 'It takes a whole village to raise a child', with the village being a local, national and international network which supports children's learning.