Welcome to our school !!!
Bury school is an effective school. Well led and very strongly supported by parents, it enables pupils to achieve well and reach above-average standards.
The main strengths are:
- High standards in English, mathematics and science
- Pupils’ very good attitudes, behaviour and maturity, arising from the school’s strong and positive ethos
- The very good quality of the school’s governance and leadership
At Bury School we strive for excellence within a secure and friendly Christian atmosphere, in which everyone is able to achieve their full potential: intellectually, physically and spiritually, socially and morally.
We aim to realise this statement by:
- providing a structured and relevant curriculum which, while following National Statutory Orders and Guidance, provides an environment where pupils and staff can develop as individuals,
- accurately assessing individual strengths and weaknesses and, by so doing, set positive and realistic goals,
- encouraging attitudes which foster and support personal learning and understanding - and the development of self-reliance, self-motivation, self-discipline and self-esteem,
- providing frequent and varied opportunities for communication between all involved in the process of education,
- developing and maintaining systems which contribute to the overall efficiency of the school,
- undertaking regular, fundamental reviews of all aspects of school life to inform planning and future development.