|Cavalry Drive, PE15 9EQ, UK March|
Tel. 01354 652814
Welcome to Cavalry Primary School
Cavalry Primary School serves the town of March in the Cambridgeshire Fens. We have about 310 children on roll, aged from 4 to 11 years old. Our staff includes 14 full-time teachers, 2 part-time teachers and many support staff. We also have a Playgroup on site, which caters for pre-school children.
We organise our school so that we can
The Staff and Governors of Cavalry Primary School are committed to working in partnership with the local community to provide a caring, high quality learning environment. We set high expectations for every child in both work and behaviour, and we are therefore committed to ensuring that all of us are trained to the highest possible standard.
- provide a happy and secure environment in which children can develop intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically
- provide an exciting and challenging curriculum which encourages and motivates our children
- assess and cater for the needs of each child
- provide a sound foundation for future learning
- encourage children to become self-confident, independent and responsible
- work in partnership with parents in the education of their children and encourage parents to take a full part in the life of the school
- achieve effective communication between parents, children, staff, governors and the wider community.
Our classrooms are called teaching areas, each class works with a teacher and has a support assistant for much of the day. Outside lessons, there are lots of activities for children to enjoy.
||Art Club is always popular. Mr Howard offers a different age group the chance to try out a wide range of activities, including working with clay, mod-roc, reclaimed materials and printing. At other times of year, teachers offer selected art activities too.|
|Music plays a big part in our school, with instrument lessons ranging from recorders to brass and woodwind. We have two choirs, run by Mrs Edwards, and all children have the opportunity to take part in performances at Christmas. Our latest adventure is a Steel Pan Band.
||There are also Mrs O'Rourke and Miss Dowler's two drama clubs, football on Mondays after school, and sports coaching organised by Fenland District Council. Miss McGhee and Miss Baxter run a sports club after school on Wednesdays.
||Our school premises are used by an enthusiastic line dancing club, a great ju-jitsu club and a thriving Karate/Self-awareness club. |
primary schools in March,
secondary schools in March,
schools in March