Welcome to Welbourne Primary School
We are a small, very friendly school.
This school is a happy caring community, children quickly settle down here and make friends. They are made to feel secure and our children are eager to learn.
We encourage our parents to take an active part in their child’s education and offer opportunities for you to come into school. We firmly believe that if school works in partnership with parents the children will be encouraged to make more progress.
With your support, the Staff and School Governors aim to:
- Create a happy, interesting and stimulating environment in which all children can develop and achieve their full potential.
- Encourage respect for moral values, for other people and for oneself, and also tolerance of other races, religions, and ways of life.
- Develop a sense of responsibility and self discipline. Play a full and active role in the local community.
- Ensure a command of basic English, developing a skill and enjoyment of reading and an ability to communicate effectively.
- Develop a knowledge and understanding of basic mathematical operations and concepts.
- Help children to develop lively, enquiring minds; giving them the ability to question and argue rationally - making full use of their scientific curiosity to study the local environment and be aware of and involved in the rapidly changing technological world.
- Awaken an awareness of the heritage around the children through project type historical, geographical and religious studies, and to give an understanding of the world in which they live.
- Teach skills in handwriting, painting, drawing and other creative arts including music and drama.
- Provide an opportunity for the development of the physical skills in P.E. and games - including swimming lessons whenever possible.
- Establish a school of which pupils, parents, staff and governors can be proud and within which everybody can work harmoniously together for the successful achievement of these aims.
Standards of attainment at this school continue to improve. We are excellent at extending our brighter children and regularly get children in both Key Stages achieving the higher levels. We are also recognised by the community and the local authority to be excellent at spotting problems with children’s learning early on and working hard to assist children who find learning difficult.
Our Family Literacy and Numeracy programmes are excellent ways of not only helping your child to learn but also brush up your own skills in these areas. On Friday mornings we offer adult learning, where you can work with tutors from the Regional College to gain qualifications in basic skills.