Welcome to Bigyn Community Primary School
Our school is housed in two separate buildings. Our new nursery, acquired in February 2004, is a self-contained building, specially adapted to the needs of Early Years pupils. It contains a large teaching area, an additional room that is also used for dining purposes, toilets and a kitchen. The adjoining playground has a safety rubberized play surface and is enclosed by fencing.
Our school aims are simple. They include the following:
- to create a friendly, happy, inviting and welcoming atmosphere within a safe and secure environment to develop an attractive, stimulating and orderly working environment
- to establish a moral code of conduct for our pupils and adults which promotes high standards of behaviour and discipline
- to value each child and to promote each to achieving his/her full potential
- to provide a school curriculum which accommodates the requirements of the National Curriculum and also provides our pupils with a wide and varied range of learning opportunities and experiences which will give our children knowledge and skills to help prepare them for adult life
- to resource our school appropriately and effectively
- to recognise staff and governors as a major resource and to promote effective working relationships and provide appropriate personal and professional training
- to foster strong links between our school and the home
- to promote and develop links between our school and the community
- to promote amongst our pupils, staff and governors a lively interest in I.C.T. and related developments.
The school has ten enclosed classrooms, a study library, a music room and a computer room. There is a separate school hall, which is used for collective worship, P.E. lessons as well as for dining purposes during mid-day breaks.
There are two playgrounds on the premises as well as a playing field. The playground used by Foundation Phase pupils is an enclosed and fenced area consisting of tarmac and grass.