Welcome to La Mare De Carteret Primary School
La Mare de Carteret Primary School lies on the west coast of Guernsey, in the Channel Islands. Built in 1975 we share some facilities with a secondary school on the same site, for example, an outdoor swimming pool, playing fields and tennis courts. There are 17 classes in school catering for 4 to 11 year olds. Presently, we have 320 pupils, 21 full-time teaching staff, 2 part-time teachers, and 14 other staff including classroom assistants, lunch-time supervisors etc. We have three caretakers who look after our school really well.
Our pupils are very generous and love to hold cake sales for various charities, as well as filling boxes with special items for children in poor countries. These events are often organised by our School Council who represent our pupils throughout the school.
In our school we aim to provide an environment where:
Our school orchestra plays hymns in assemblies as well as for special concerts. Our football and netball teams are very successful in inter-school competitions and our cross country runners enjoy the events run during the winter months. We have superb playing fields that stretch all the way to the coast road next to Cobo Bay and we are very pleased with the many resources and facilities on site.
- children grow and learn in a safe and secure atmosphere
- children's abilities are developed to the full
- children develop self-esteem
- children's academic and social achievements are celebrated and shared
- children are valued as individuals and understand the need to value others in turn
- children have access to a wide range of stimulating activities
- children receive an appropriate, challenging and balanced curriculum
- children enjoy their education and leave as optimists with an enquiring mind, a willingness to learn and are prepared to face the challenges of the future