Welcome to Les Landes Primary School
At Les Landes we firmly believe in the holistic development of the children and the importance of working in partnership with parents and families. Our ethos is based on a set of agreed beliefs:
We believe that each child’s needs are at the centre of what we do, so that:
We believe that parents will:
- children will be willing autonomous learners with positive attitudes to learning;
- each child will be an individual, be happy, independent, thinking and responsible;
- children will feel involved and take an active role in the processes of the school.
We believe that staff will:
- have more involvement;
- be informed;
- see themselves as key partners in their child’s learning and development;
- feel valued.
We believe that our learning environment will:
- feel part of a happy, valued team, supported by each other;
- have opportunities for professional development and discussion about their learning;
- have high expectations of themselves, each child and each other;
- have shared understandings of values and standards.
We believe that our school will be a community where:
- be stimulating, inviting, interactive, safe and a pleasant place to be;
- provide for all the resources appropriate for the job;
- enable children to use ICT as a key tool for learning;
- provide a broad and purpose driven curriculum;
- allow parents, staff and outside agencies and the wider community to work with us in partnership.
- all will be involved in working towards the same goals;
- all will improve on their previous best;
- our core purpose is to enable effective learning for all;
- all will believe in the potential of each child.
I am privileged and proud to be the headteacher of Les Landes and to head an enthusiastic, progressive and highly skilled team dedicated to the holistic development of our pupils. Should you require any further information, would like a school handbook or an appointment to visit the school please do not hesitate to contact me.