Welcome to Vale Junior School
Aims and Beliefs
The Vale Junior School seeks to work in cooperation with parents to the best interests of their children.
We believe that:
The aims of the school are:
- Children are of equal worth whatever their background or beliefs.
- All members of the school should be treated and treat others with respect.
- Pupils learn in different ways and at different speeds.
- Each pupil will be equally valued as an individual learner.
- Teachers and parents are partners in their child’s education.
- To provide a safe, caring environment of equal opportunity where pupils can grow
and develop intellectually, socially, emotionally and physically.
- To encourage pupils to value themselves and each other.
- To encourage pupils to become enthusiastic, confident, independent learners,
striving to achieve high standards.
- To foster pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- To encourage pupils to value the environment both natural and shaped by
- To offer a wide range of opportunities for pupils to learn and achieve.
- To encourage pupils to value truth, justice, human rights, the rule of law and
collective effort for the common good.
- To prepare pupils for opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of the next
phase of education and for adult life.