Welcome to Ashdene Primary School
The school is housed in three buildings set in attractive and peaceful
grounds. Approached from Thoresway Road, the first building you come
to is the Junior Department, housing Years 4-6. Built in 1962, the department has
six closed classrooms, music rooms, a well stocked reference library , an ICT suite,
a large hall, the school kitchen and dining hall. A large playground is marked out for
playtime and team game activities and has an activity course used by the children at
breaktimes. The Junior School Council has recently added a number of features to the play area.
School Mission Statement
- To develop every individual’s maximum potential.
- To provide a stimulating, secure and caring environment.
- To respect self and others.
- To develop self confidence.
- To encourage children to acquire and develop their knowledge
- To create challenges.
- To encourage independence and motivation.
- To develop and foster a sense of team spirit.
- To value and treat everyone equally.
- To develop a healthy attitude to life.
- To provide equality of opportunity.
- To follow a code of behaviour.
- To encourage co-operation and competition.
- To celebrate corporate and individual success.
- To accept one’s limitations whilst appreciating those of others.
- To encourage persistence.
- To value each other through tolerance and a sharing attitude.
- To foster appreciation of the awe and wonder of the world.
- To provide training opportunities for all.
- To appreciate and value all employees and governors.
- To value the contribution of all who participate in the life and
development of the school.
“To provide a secure, caring environment in which everyone has the
opportunity to recognise and achieve their potential and to prepare our
children to make a positive contribution to life within a diverse society.”