Welcome to Belgrave Infant School
Belgrave Infant School was built in 1962 and was originally a one form entry primary school. It became an infant school in 1974. The school is attached to Westminster Park Community Centre which serves the local area. We are a two/ three form entry Cheshire County Council infant school and the present pupil admission limit is 70 children per year group. The admission limit is reviewed annually. At present we have 164 children on roll.
The school is well resourced with computers in classrooms and in the corridors. Most classes have interactive whiteboards. We have large practical areas “workspaces” outside the classrooms which are used for art, construction, play and for group teaching. The library areas have recently been refurbished and our PTA has funded the book trolleys. We have two playgrounds, a wooded area and an outside play area by the reception classrooms.
Belgrave Infants is a happy school where we care for each other, enjoy learning and achieve our potential.
Our children will be encouraged to:
We will strive to:
- be polite, helpful, friendly and thoughtful
- become motivated successful learners
- develop their own self esteem
- be imaginative and creative
- share, develop self discipline and acceptable behaviour
- express their thoughts and have a sense of belonging
- achieve independent learning skills
- develop an awareness of their responsibility to others
- Excite, enthuse and encourage
- Enable children to learn by understanding their individual needs
- Provide a safe and welcoming learning environment
- Develop a climate of mutual respect
- Provide an equality of opportunity for all and celebrate diversity
- Work in partnership with our parents and the local community
- Further our own professional knowledge