|Burtonwood Community Primary School|
|Green Lane, Burtonwood, WA5 4AQ, UK Warrington|
Tel. 01925 224072
Welcome to Burtonwood Community Primary School
Our School Vision
Our school has:
- We have a learning culture that constantly strives for excellence.
- We will respect and support each other in a warm and welcoming community.
Our extra curricular activities include:
- A rural location and extensive grounds
- A heated outdoor swimming pool
- A school minibus
- Walled garden
- Wildlife areas
- Family assemblies
- Strong community links
- Courses for parents and carers
- Brass band
- Guitar lessons
- Dance, Drama
- ICT Club
- Link Club/After School Club
- Football, Netball
- Choir & Recorders
- Rugby, Judo, Craft Club
| Encourage pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds; the ability to question and apply themselves to their tasks through a broad and balanced curriculum.|
· To develop respect for other people and themselves, and a tolerance for others no matter what their race, religion or ability.
· By recognising their responsibilities, help children understand and care for the environment and the community in which they live.
· To encourage children to become effective communicators via Information Technology which will enable children to learn essential skills in an ever-changing world.
· To help children develop physical skills and positive attitudes towards a healthy lifestyle, personal fulfilment and team spirit.
· To teach children about human achievements and aspirations in the arts, sciences and religion, and provide opportunities for children to express and develop their creativity in the written and spoken word.
· To provide a sound basis of literacy, numeracy, science and technical knowledge.
· To encourage and foster development of all children according to their individual needs and abilities.
How do things grow?
Reception's bulb planting results in some lovely flowers to take home.
- Children are required by law to attend school from the start of the term following their fifth birthday.
- Any child reaching the age of five between the 1st September and the 31st August of the following year may be admitted, full-time, to school on the first day of the autumn term in September;
- To help children adjust to school, the Headteacher may allow children to attend school for visits, during the latter half term before the child starts school full-time.
- Earlier admission to school can be considered only in exceptional circumstances e.g.: referrals by Social Services or the Health Authority; or for some pupils with special educational needs. Such applications are dealt with by the Children's Services Directorate.
Admission of Out of Borough Pupils to Warrington Schools
· Out of county pupils are offered places at Warrington schools on the same basis as Warrington pupils.
· Parents whose children are not offered a place at their preferred Community or controlled school, have a right of appeal to the Independent School Appeals Panel.
· The Education Authority’s admission limit for the school is 30 pupils in any academic year.
White school polo shirt (with school logo)
Purple sweatshirt or cardigan (with school logo)
Reversible purple fleece/waterproof jacket (with school logo)
Grey skirt or smart grey trousers (girls)
Grey trousers/shorts (boys)
Purple gingham dress for summer (girls)
Plain white socks / thick navy tights may be worn during the winter months (girls)
Grey socks with long trousers or white sports socks may be worn in summer with shorts (boys)
Beanie hats (with school logo) for winter
Baseball caps (with school logo) for summer
Black or navy shoes (WEARING TRAINERS FOR SCHOOL IS NOT ACCEPTABLE)
ALL CLOTHING AND PERSONAL ITEMS SHOULD BE CLEARLY MARKED WITH THE CHILD'S NAME.
All items with a school logo may be ordered from the school office where order forms are available.
P.E. AND GAMES WEAR
INDOOR ~ Navy shorts with white t-shirt & black pumps
OUTDOOR ~ Navy shorts with white t-shirt with sweatshirt or football kit, football boots / trainers.
SWIMMING~ Swimming kit, towel, swimming caps for those with shoulder length hair or longer (available from the school office) verruca socks are also available from the school office.
Flip flops must also be worn when using the school pool.
NO JEWELLERY SHOULD BE WORN AT SCHOOL
(except a watch in the case of older pupils for which they are entirely responsible)
Please do not have your child's ears pierced during term time as it can have major implications to their participation in sporting activities.
primary schools in Warrington,
secondary schools in Warrington,
schools in Warrington