|Cuddington Primary School|
|Ash Road, Cuddington, CW8 2NY, UK Northwich|
Tel. 01606 883045
Welcome to Cuddington Primary School
- Cuddington Primary School is a 4 – 11, mixed gender, Primary School. It was built in the 1950s and currently has 155 pupils on roll. It provides a good, all round education for children in the villages of Cuddington and Sandiway.
- Our grounds are extensive and allow us scope to explore our interest in ‘Ecology’. We are one of only a few Primary Schools in the country to have received the ‘Green Flag’ Eco Award.
- There is a private Nursery on site and ‘Wrap Around Care’ from 8 to 6 is provided by the Network Club.
- Cuddington Primary School had its last OFSTED in January 2006. The report describes us as a ‘good school with some outstanding features’.
- Pupils make good progress in English and Maths and a higher percentage of Year 6 pupils reach well above average standard, than found nationally.
- Children at the school have ‘outstanding attitudes to learning and behaviour’ and their personal development is also described as ‘outstanding’.
- The school achieves ‘very good standards’ in art, music and drama and lessons are described as ‘exciting, stimulating and challenging’.
Effective teaching at Cuddington Primary School is characterised by the following:
- Good subject knowledge
- Regular review & feedback, verbal and written
- High quality, varied resources
- Providing real contexts for learning
- Positive approaches to discipline and good relationships between teachers and pupils
- Commitment to developing independent learning
- An enriched, cross-curricular curriculum
- Opportunities for collaborative learning
- High expectations
- Commitment to catering for all learning styles
- Integrated use of ICT
- Communication of specific objectives within the bigger picture
primary schools in Northwich,
secondary schools in Northwich,
schools in Northwich