We believe that our boys and girls are entitled to an enriched curriculum which includes:
Children with Special Educational needs
- Opportunities for public performance including speaking, singing, music
making, dance and acting.
- The opportunity to attend a residential educational visit.
- Opportunities to extend their interests through after-school clubs.
- Opportunities to contribute to the running of the school through the
elections for the school council.
- Challenges to develop personal responsibility and citizenship through
individual and group, charity fund raising initiatives.
- Opportunities to compete in sports and athletics events as well as to share
in co-operative enterprises within school and in association with other
We are very concerned to try to meet the individual needs of children and
take particular care with children who are having difficulties in learning.
Individual assessments of children's needs are carried out and special
educational programmes planned when required. This is in accordance with
the national code of practice. We always take care to keep parents fully
informed when special arrangements are made to meet children's needs.
Clubs (extra- curricular activities)
A number of voluntary
lunchtime and after- school clubs
are run by the teaching staff, for example:
- netball, model making,
- art, chess,
- recorders, soccer,
- cricket, athletics,
- cross country,
- country dancing, bell-ringing,
- choir, volleyball,
- creative dance.