Welcome to Dunham Hill Primary School
Dunham Hill School is situated in the small village of Dunham on the hill, close to Helsby. The building has three classrooms, a hall and several well-equipped resource areas, which include a computer technology bay, a design technology bay, a kitchen area, a library, reading areas and a delightful home bay for the KS1 children. The children are shown how to apply themselves to a range of tasks so that resources throughout the school are put to very good use.
To achieve the best standards possible for all our students by:
To develop lively, inquiring minds which equip children to meet the challenges of an ever-changing world by:
- Providing structured academic programs of study
- Tracking and monitoring children?s progress throughout Their years at Dunham hill school
- Delivering a broad and balanced curriculum
- Providing regular homework which is appropriate to the needs of the individual and which will include home reading, spelling, English and mathematics ( literacy and numeracy)
- Reporting children?s progress to parents on a regular basis
- Establishing partnerships with parents to provide children with the support and encouragement needed to achieve their potential
- Providing for, and tailoring learning support, to individual pupil needs.
To develop self respect, respect for others, a sense of responsibility and independence by:
- Developing confidence in the use of language and number
- Promoting and valuing pupil?s creative potential through participation in the arts
- Seeking to identify and to value the children?s strengths and talents
- Encouraging the children?s ability to question, and providing them with the opportunities to discuss issues rationally
- Showing pupils that ideas may be communicated in a variety of ways.
- Creating a safe, secure, caring and supportive ethos in which all are valued
- Providing a stimulating and varied learning environment
- Helping pupils to respond positively to the cultural and ethnic diversity of modern society
- Helping pupils to recognise their roles and responsibilities in the care of both the local and global environment
- Fostering children?s appreciation of human achievements and aspirations.
The outdoor environment is a particularly attractive feature of the school with a large playing field, a shrubbery and a wooded area in addition to hard play surfaces. These are put to good use for physical education, science investigations and artistic activities. In addition to our outdoor facilities for football, basketball, orienteering and athletics, the school also has a well-equipped adventure playground.