Welcome to Elworth Hall Primary School
"At Elworth Hall we aim to challenge, support and stimulate all children so that they can grow and develop as confident, caring individuals always keen to learn more."
Elworth Hall is a primary school catering for children up to the age of eleven. Children usually begin school in the September after they are four. However entry to school can be deferred until January of the school year in which they are five. The school was built in 1977 on the site of the old Elworth Hall within the quiet residential area of Elworth. It is within easy walking distance of all parts of Elworth and is away from the danger of traffic, noise and pollution of the main road.
The building is set in a pleasant, open site, which is landscaped.
We have a playground and a large grassed area, which is used for games and as a play area in dry weather. We have begun to develop the outside environment by creating a quiet area with seating and planters, a small woodland area and a play area with various structures for free and imaginative play.
At Elworth Hall, we believe that every child has rights. These rights are summarised as follows.
We plan your child’s work in school so that they can:
- To come to school and be safe
- To be in a calm and caring classroom environment
- To learn
- To have friends
- To be free from name-calling.
- To be safe from bullying
- To have their belongings left alone
- To be listened to.
- To be happy
- Acquire appropriate knowledge, skills and attitudes and use them with understanding.
- Develop an interest in the world around them, enabling a deeper understanding of the world and its cultures.
- Appreciate human achievements in Art, Literature, Music, Science and Technology.
- Use their imaginative and creative ability to enrich their lives.
- Enjoy their present stage of life and be equipped for their future life.
- Develop a social and moral awareness and live in harmony with others.