Welcome to Grappenhall St Wilfrid
St Wilfrid's is a Church of England Primary School, which encourages strong links with home, church and the wider community. We aim for high standards in all we do and try to provide high quality of provision in support of pupil's achievements. Our aim is to work as a Christian community, which welcomes children and values them as individuals. Children are encouraged to develop their self-esteem, individual potential and self-reliance.
Our aims are:
- To develop positive attitudes to work and people.
- To teach skills necessary to understand and work in a mixed society.
- To help children acquire knowledge and techniques for searching out new information.
- To nurture the spiritual dimension of life.
- To encourage self-reliance and self-discipline.
- To provide high quality teaching and learning experiences, in high quality accommodation.
- To develop the concept of partnership in education by involving parents and the larger community in school life.
- To help each child achieve success in school; this may be in academic, sporting or creative activities.
- To recognize each child as an individual of unique worth.
- To provide equal opportunities for all children and to teach knowledge and skills for healthy, safe life styles.
The school strives to operate an "open door" policy. This means that in addition to the two formal parent's evenings and afternoon visit, the head teacher or staff will make themselves available to discuss matters of concern. We do ask parents to arrange a convenient time for discussions but in an emergency access can always be arranged.