Welcome to Great Sankey Primary School
Great Sankey is a school where the needs of growing children are paramount and where we aim to offer the best quality educational experience for the pupils in our care.
We try to create a stimulating environment where all are respected and have a part to play in our caring school community, which includes our staff, governors, pupils, parents and friends Through a happy and orderly structure we hope our pupils will feel secure and confident to participate readily in the process of learning.
The school is organised into three departments:
Ofsted found that the school's main strengths and weaknesses are:
- The Foundation Stage consisting of the Nursery and two Reception classes.
- The Infants or Key Stage 1 department consisting of three classes.
- The Juniors or Key Stage 2 department consisting of six classes.
- The headteacher's leadership is excellent and he has the strong support of the staff, pupils and parents.
- Children make a good start in the nursery and reception classes.
- Pupils achieve well in mathematics between Years 1 to 6 and in science from Years 3 to 6.
- Writing standards should be better than they are by Year 2 and Year 6.
- Teaching requires further improvement so that more lessons are good or better.
- Pupils form very good relationships, have good attitudes to school and behave well.
- Information and communication technology (ICT) should be a more integral part of pupils' learning across different subjects.