The school was opened in April 1971. It has 5 classrooms, 2
libraries, an art / design and technology teaching area and a spacious hall.
The school grounds offer a large playing area, a wild garden, adventure playground and an excellent sports field.
The children on roll are organised in both year and mixed year groups. Children who reach the age of 5 during the reception year are
admitted in September. Year 6 pupils transfer to Eaton Bank High school with some going to Congleton High School.
Bearing in mind these important principles, we can state our educational aims:
- to maintain and develop in pupils lively, enquiring minds
- to promote the ability to question and argue rationally
- to encourage pupils to apply themselves to a range of tasks and skills designed to realise their potential regardless of race, gender or age
- to foster attitudes which will instil self-confidence in pupils, create in them a sense of personal excellence and help them acquire knowledge and skills relevant to life and work in a fast changing world
- to emphasise the importance of language, number, the aesthetic and physical areas of learning and to develop competence in them
- to help pupils to develop personal, spiritual and moral values, and understanding of religion and beliefs, a tolerance of others and their ways of life
- to help pupils to understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations
- to provide a positive partnership between governors and staff and to encourage parental involvement in the education of the children.
The school is well equipped and all classes have access to
several computers and internet access. The school has recently
invested in a purpose built IT suite.
The school enjoys a good reputation within the local community and parents provide support in many ways. There is an active P.T.A. who organise successful social and fund raising events to the benefit of the school.
Facilities are made available for the youngest members of the
community to attend Havannah's toddler group with their parents. This
offers a range of play experiences and aims to promote a friendly
community spirit where all visitors are welcome.