Welcome to High Lane Primary School
At High Lane School we aim to:
- create a happy, stimulating environment, where relationships are based on mutual trust and respect and where children are praised and encouraged, and experience a sense of achievement.
- prepare children for the society in which they will live. This involves not only acquiring knowledge and skills and the ability to apply them in a fast-changing world, but also developing attitudes and values.
- enable children to be confident and achieve their full potential within the National Curriculum and broader themes through an experience centred, cross-curricular approach to learning, commensurate with their abilities.
- develop a sense of awareness, understanding and caring for others through equal opportunities, multi-cultural, religious and moral education.
- to provide experiences which will develop lively, enquiring minds and the children's ability to investigate, analyse, pose questions, solve problems, communicate, co-operate and make decisions.
- help children to acquire sufficient control of tools, equipment and instruments to be able to use them with skill and confidence and to acquire information from a variety of sources and record their findings in a variety of ways.
- encourage children to take pride in their work, accept responsibilities and strive towards excellence through self-assurance and evaluation.
- promote good relationships with parents and encourage them to share with us their child's educational development. We believe that education is a partnership between teachers and parents and high standards can only be maintained with their help and co-operation.