For details of our recent Sports Day on Tuesday, July 12th , visit our Recent Events page. It was a hot, sunny day and everyone had a lot of fun.
This year Town Sports took place on Monday, June 27th (field events) and Wednesday, June 29th (track). For details, see our Recent Events page.
During the last half term, the footballers won through to the semi-finals. On Wednesday April 27th they played against Gainsborough Road Primary, and unfortunately lost 2-0. But the boys had a lot of fun and gave it all they had. They won't be competing in anymore matches, but are still out and about practising. Hopefully next year they will win!
Girls' football has recently stopped running but will start up soon! For highlights of their season, see below.
The girls' football team competed in a tournament on Thursday, March 3rd at the Malbank School Sports Hall. There were four matches:
- Highfields vs. Millfields: Millfields had kick-off and took it down to our end and scored, making it 1-0. Highfields had a few shots but missed. The final score was 1-0 to Millfields.
- Highfields vs. Wyche: Wyche had kick-off but we intercepted it and Alice Dobbie scored to make it 1-0. Wyche had a few shots but missed, making the final score 1-0.
- Highfields vs. Millfields: Highfields had kick-off and took it down to their end but they intercepted it and had a shot but missed. Highfields had a few shots but missed. The final score was 0-0.
- Highfields vs. Wyche: Highfields had kick-off and took it down to their end. Hannah Roberts had a shot and scored. Then they had a go but missed. Holly Heron intercepted and scored, then Highfields scored again, making the final score 3-0 to us!
The girls also participated in a tournament at the end of March. They made it to the finals but unfortunately didn't win. All girls received medals though and came sixth! Well done, girls!
The girls' netball team had their first tournament on Saturday, March 19th. It was held at the Shavington Leisure Center. The girls played three matches, one against Millfields, one against Willaston, and one against another school.
- The first team to play was Willaston. They were very good, and beat us about 5-0.
- The next team to play was Millfields. They were very good and won 8-1.
- The next team who played us were very good. They beat us 5-0.
The girls lost all their matches but had lots of fun. It was a very enjoyable day.
On Monday, March 21st the Highfields netball team played against Gainsborough Road Primary School. The game started. Gainsborough got the ball and passed it down to their shooting end. They scored, which made it 1-0. Gainsborough got the ball again, and scored again. They kept on scoring and were winning by the first half. In the second half Highfields played much better. Gainsborough had the ball, but Highfields got it off them. Highfields passed the ball down, and the first goal was scored by Bethan. We got the ball again and it was passed down. Hannah had the ball, but was outside the semi-circle. She had a shot and scored! By the end of the match it was 11-2, but the girls had a lot of fun and know they'll win the next one.
Netball is currently not being held as Town Sports is being held on a Tuesday. But it will soon be running again!
In the Celebration Assembly on Friday 13 May the following members of the Golden Mile Club were awarded certificates for running 10 miles:
- Mrs Sally Leech
- Luke Chang (Year 6)
- John Chang (Year 4)
- Thomas Lloyd (Year 4)
- Ben Barker (Year 4)
- Kassie Kardos (Year 3)
- Ryan Lawton (Year 3)
- Sophie Richardson (Year 3)
- Matthew Saywell (Year 3)
- Connor Lloyd (Year 3)
- Tyler Young (Year 3)
- Megan Ellis (Year 3)
- James Muten (Year 3)
- Charlie Leech (Year 3)
- Luci Kinsey (Year 3)
- David Lewis (Year 3)
- Maria Chang (Year 3)
All members of the Golden Mile Club have been doing very well. Many have completed 10 miles, and most children are coming up to 25 miles, which is halfway through to the 50-mile goal. The Golden Mile Club is currently being held on Mondays after school and on Tuesdays at lunchtime. If you'd like to join, please bring trainers and a change of clothes or P.E. kit.
New Sport Equipment
The school has recently purchased £200 worth of new sport equipment. The equipment consists of new tennis rackets, skipping ropes, sponge balls, big balls, stilts, etc. This equipment is safely locked away when not in use. The children are free to play with the equipment at lunchtime play.