|Lostock Hall Primary School|
|Mallard Crescent, Poynton, SK12 1XG, UK Stockport|
Tel. 01625 871010
| PRIMARY SCHOOL|
Our mission, with parents’ as partners, is to provide a stimulating environment in which children acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding that will help them to realise their full potential for personal development and educational success.
- We will respect our children’s individuality, encourage creativity and assist them to make the most of their abilities.
- We want our pupils to leave us well educated, self-confident and caring members of society.
- We will endeavour to promote equality of opportunity for all of our children irrespective of gender, race, creed, ability or disability.
- To enhance the quality of children’s learning through highly effective teaching.
- To promote and sustain a challenging, stimulating and caring learning environment.
- To maintain high standards of behaviour through self-discipline, tolerance and mutual respect.
- To work closely and openly with parents/carers and the wider community to maximise children’s development.
- To continually seek ways to improve every aspect of the school’s work and life.
The national curriculum lays down what should be taught to children during compulsory schooling from Y1 to Y13 (ages 5yrs – 16yrs). There are slight differences for each key stage, but the subjects taught in primary schools are as follows:Foundation Stage
The following four subjects are known as the “core” subjects and should have more time devoted to them than the others.
• English; this includes the national literacy strategy (see below), speaking and listening and drama.
• Mathematics; this includes the national numeracy strategy (see below).
• Information and Communications Technology (ICT);
These subjects are known as “foundation” subjects.
• Design Technology;
• Art & design;
Lostock Hall also uses the flexibility within the taught curriculum to offer enrichment activities which are designed to extend and deepen children’s learning. There are opportunities to allow all our children the chance to succeed. In addition, we offer a broad range of after school clubs.
Key Stage 1
Key Stage 2
National Literacy Strategy
National Numeracy Strategy
Director: K. Farrar
Lostock Hall Primary School
Monday to Friday : 9.00am – 3:00pm
Lunch club available
Member of the Pre-School Learning Alliance
A recognised provider with Cheshire County Council, Sure Start and Registered with Early Years Ofsted
For more information or to secure a place for your child please contact:
Mrs K Farrar on 01625 876357
Please click to view:
primary schools in Stockport,
secondary schools in Stockport,
schools in Stockport