Our Curriculum is thematic, based around a central focus, and is carefully designed to ensure that the requirements of the National Curriculum are met in an exciting and interesting manner.
We have 3 principles:
- Everyone at our school is a learner.
- Everyone can succeed.
- Everyone has talents.
We provide a rich and varied curriculum which engages our children and motivates them to do their best.
across the curriculum. We believe that children need to be able to use literacy and numeracy skills in a variety of ways, which will prepare them for the rapidly changing world.
- we are a registered centre for Oxford & Cambridge RSA Qualifications. In Year 6 children take the level 1 examination. This is also open to adults in our community.
- children from Reception onwards have a weekly lesson from a specialist teacher.
- children from Year 1 onwards have a weekly lesson from a specialist teacher.
- Children from Year 1 onward receive tuition in a simple instrument and have the opportunity to take public examinations.
- we provide a wide range of sports, according to the season and children are encouraged to take part in competitions and tournaments.
- we provide many opportunities for children to experience live theatre and also take part in workshops and in performances.
- we have 2 ICT suites and the school is very well equipped with modern ICT hardware and software.