Welcome to the St. Gregory's Primary School
St. Gregory's Roman Catholic Primary School is located in Bollington, near Macclesfield in Cheshire.
St. Gregory’s Vision Statement
This is our school, a special place where:
- our Catholic faith is lived through our relationships with one another
- every person is valued and respected
- all efforts and achievements are celebrated
- we encourage everyone to be filled with love of life and learning
We, the children, parents, governors and staff, Grow and Learn in God’s Family.
Our Mission Statement
At the heart of the community, our mission is to provide a caring and stimulating environment promoting enthusiasm for life long learning where all individuals feel respected, challenged and inspired to achieve their full potential.
A school of the future growing and working together in God’s family.
St. Gregory’s Catholic Primary School aims that all children:
- are safe, healthy and happy to learn
- are literate and numerate
- are independent learners
- are confident, flexible and well-balanced
- value diversity
- understand their responsibility to others
- are self-disciplined
The objectives of our school are to:-
- establish high expectations and a success culture
- develop a learning community for all
- treat all members of the school community with respect
- continue to develop professional debate and discussion amongst all staff
- build leadership and management skills in all staff
- ensure that there is a learning climate in every classroom
- create and maintain a physical environment that promotes and reinforces the value, safety and inclusion of all individuals
- ensure the continual involvement of the whole school community
A Catholic Voluntary Aided School
In the heart of the village of Bollington, St. Gregory's Catholic Primary School is a school that combines a caring Catholic ethos with a quality learning environment. The present school opened in 1962 and is situated on a very pleasant and developed green field site.
It is a Voluntary Aided School established for the purpose of assisting Catholic parents in the education of their children in the Catholic Christian Faith.
This school is the property of the Trustees of the Diocese of Shrewsbury and is supported financially by the Parish of St. Gregory's from which it takes its name.
It is, then, different from a County School in its ownership, financing and religious education.
A Small School
The Governors have set an admissions policy of 15 children each year group, we are therefore designated as a “Small School”. We believe that there are many challenges, opportunities and benefits from this small, Christian, school environment.
We therefore seek to provide:
- A caring, family atmosphere, where children are encouraged to share
- a sense of belonging to the school Christian community
- small classes
- individual learning opportunities
- security through sustained relationships
- high expectations of all pupils
- good pupil–teacher ratios
- opportunities to take part in a wide range of activities
- development of close links with other small schools
- close links with the community and parish
- inclusive involvement of pupils, parents, governors and friends
Organisation of the School
Classes within the school are small with an excellent pupil/teacher ratio. There are therefore ample opportunities for individual attention and support in each child's development.
Staff seeks to remove all barriers to learning and participation. There is flexibility within the school about the movement of children so that class sizes are balanced.
Every class is supported by fully-qualified part-time teaching assistants. The presence of a second trained adult in the classroom is a most valuable resource and greatly enhances the quality of the pupils' learning. Classes contain mixed age groups. Teaching places very careful emphasis on the individual needs of children within these groups.