|St Joseph's Catholic Primary School|
|Walton Avenue, Penketh, WA5 2AU Warrington|
Tel. 01925 723340
St Joseph’s is a Voluntary Aided Catholic Primary School and as such we seek to help our children to achieve their potential and feel valued as individuals within a community based on Christ’s values of love, care and respect.
Within the framework of the National Curriculum we aim to provide a whole range of balanced learning opportunities for all children to help them grow and develop into independent responsible young people.
We believe that we can only achieve the best for your child by close co-operation between home and school and we welcome your involvement. Your child is precious to you and us and our aim is to provide a happy, stimulating environment, in which your child will feel secure and be able to devleop to his or her fullest extent.
|AIMS OF ST JOSEPH'S SCHOOL|
1. To be a school community in which the Catholic faith of staff and children is nurtured and developed through education, both formal and informal
2. To create a caring, happy environment where the school reflects a living Christian community, and in which pupils feel appreciated and secure
To foster the spiritual, intellectual, physical. emotional, aesthetic and social development of the whole child
4.To help children to:
* acquire the basic tools of learning - numeracy, literacy and oracy
* develop lively, enquiring, imaginative and creative minds with the ability to question and argue rationally
* become independent, self motivated and self disciplined
* develop their ability to work as contributors in co-operative groups in school, and the wide community in which they live
* develop a reasonable set of attitudes, values and beliefs in order to make the right choices
* develop understanding of the world in which they live
* develop aesthetic awareness and participate in the creative arts
* develop a wide range of physical skills, and an understanding of the need for a healthy life style
|SCHOOL LUNCH ARRANGEMENTS|
The following lunch time options are available:
* mid-day meal taken at home.
* school meal under supervision.
* packed lunch under supervision.
School meals are priced at Ł1.70 per day. Parents receiving income support or income based job seekers allowance are entitled to free meals. Application forms for free school meals are available from the Education Office, New Town House, Buttermarket Street, Warrington WA1 2NJ.
Children choose from a multi choice menu which they bring home on a weekly basis so that parents can help them to choose a well balanced meal.
We aim for literacy and numeracy in our children. We strive to increase their knowledge, enlarge their experience and stimulate imaginative understanding. We aim to establish an awareness of moral values, and social behaviour patterns which will provide a sound basis for their development through life.
Our intent is to help every pupil to achieve his/her full potential socially, academically and artistically and to encourage pupils in the beliefs and practices of the Catholic Church.
During the school year the following screening programme is carried out by Cheshire Health Authority.
* a hearing test carried out by an audio tester in your child's first year at school. If your child does not pass the screening of hearing he/she will be retested and you will be informed if any action needs to be taken.
* school nurses test children's vision in the first year and then periodically. They also carry out regular health surveillance.
* your child will be offered a medical examination during the first year in school. You will receive an appointment for this.
primary schools in Warrington,
secondary schools in Warrington,
schools in Warrington