We hope this web site will provide some useful information about our school.
At The Cobbs Infant School and Nursery, we aim to provide the very best education for children between the ages of 3 and 7. We strongly believe in a partnership approach where everyone works together so that the children achieve their potential in a caring environment.
Our Key Stage One test results are consistently high and we aim to ensure that each child fulfils his or her capabilities. We aim to develop a confident child who has a firm foundation in the basic skills, a wide variety of interests and who can look forward to the next phase of educational experience with eager anticipation.
If you have any questions, would like a prospectus or would like to look around the school do not hesitate to contact us.
“Working together to do our best to make sure all of our children achieve their best”
Aims of the School
- To promote the highest possible educational standards for all children in all areas of the curriculum ensuring that every child develops to his/her true potential.
- To develop confidence, creativity and independence in all aspects of school life.
- To enable all children to acquire a firm foundation of the basic skills.
- To create a calm, organised working environment where high expectations, a positive atmosphere and a consistency of child centred approach are evident.
- To continuously monitor, evaluate and improve all school activities.
- To celebrate effort as well as achievement, aiming to educate the whole child.
- To develop a partnership approach where everyone involved in the school are working together to achieve the above aims.
We take pride in creating an attractive, stimulating learning environment for our children. Classrooms are spacious, extremely well resourced and organised to suit the needs of the children. Every classroom in school now has an interactive whiteboard installed and each Reception classroom benefits from its own adjoining cloakroom and has direct access to outside areas.
We have a large well equipped purpose built library.
We also have an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Suite with access to the Internet. Each classroom also has a computer which is linked to the Internet.