We are very proud of the achievements of our school and the satff are committed to ensuring that the high standards that have been delivered are maintained and built upon by future generaitons of pupils.
We expect high standards from our children, in their work, in their games and in their behaviour; however, within these high expectations we believe that we have a happy and relaxed atmosphere where children can develop confidence in their work and relationships with people, and so maximise their chances of achieving their full potential.
If your child joins us at Vine Tree we hope that you will join the partnership of everyone - parents, children, staff, governors - working together to ensure a successful primary school education.
In general our school aims are :
- To improve the overall standard of achievement of each child and to facilitate the development of the individual in acquiring knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to their continuous education and their involvement with, and in, a changing society.
- To create a happy, stable, secure and purposeful atmosphere and a positive working environment so that knowledge and skills are acquired with confidence, developing a feel of satisfaction, pleasure and excitement in learning.
- To develop a respect and value for those around us and also for people of different cultures and religions and to help pupils appreciate the benefits to be gained from these experiences. The values that we will promote include, telling the truth, keeping promises, respecting the rights and property of others, acting considerately towards others, helping those less fortunate and weaker than ourselves, self-discipline and taking a personal responsibility for one’s actions.
The values that we reject are bullying, cheating, deceit, cruelty, irresponsibility and dishonesty.
- To develop a responsible and caring attitude towards our environment.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum in accordance with the requirements of the National Curriculum.
- To provide experiences which will prepare our pupils for future life and it’s opportunities.