Vision for Harewood Primary School
- Harewood Primary School offers every child the chance to achieve their full potential. We achieve high standards and give our children the foundations for future learning and success in life.
- We offer children a rich and exciting curriculum underpinned by effective teaching and learning across all subjects.
- We respect every child as an individual. As a community we value tolerance, respect and the need to support and care for each other. We build children’s confidence and self esteem to prepare them for the future.
- Good relationships, a challenge in learning and support for parents are at the heart of our school.
Aims for Harewood Primary School
- For Harewood School to be a happy, caring school
- To create a calm positive, interesting and stimulating environment in which children can achieve their full potential
- To develop the intellectual, physical, moral, spiritual and creative aspects of our children through enlivening experiences
- To enable children to apply knowledge, skills and understanding in order to solve problems
- To foster good relationships with children and adults
- For parents to be positively involved with the child’s education in a partnership
- To promote high standards and quality presentation
- To value experiences gained from different family backgrounds, which will help our children as they grow up to live and work in our community
- To encourage a sense of pride in our school
We want to ensure that our children are happy, interested and confident enough to go on life long learning.
Our School Uniform
blue sweatshirt / cardigan and grey or black trousers / skirt can be worn. The sweatshirts and cardigans may be purchased from the school office. They have the new Primary School logo.
- The sweatshirts can be replaced by a white or blue t-shirt in the summer.
- Girls may choose to wear a blue and white checked school summer dress.
- For PE children need a T-shirt, shorts and a pair of gym shoes or non-marking trainers.