Our Motto : Where Everyone Matters and Everyone Can Succeed
Ormesby is an 11-16 Co-educational Comprehensive School situated in the north-eastern industrial town of Middlesbrough.
The school currently has 843 pupils on roll. It is the largest secondary school in Middlesbrough's Education Action Zone and a member of the Excellence in Cities Initiative.
New students to the School have several chances to meet their Form Tutors before they start in September. Our highly experienced Year 7 teaching team visits primary schools during the summer term and hosts lessons and other activities.
- Year 6 children even have the chance to attend Ormesby for the final two weeks of term, to help them adjust to their new school.
- Year 7 Tutors teach their class for more than one subject, which helps to ease students gently into the secondary school style education.
Every student receives guidance from a Year Tutor, Head of Year and Assistant Head Of Year. This team of experienced professionals ensures that the welfare of our students is given top priority.
Students understand the need to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and show respect for others and their environment.
Partnership With Home
As surveys of parental opinion confirm, we maintain excellent links with parents, based on mutual trust. This highly valued partnership between home and school is essential in ensuring our students' progress.
In addition to regular parents' evenings and reports, parents are always welcome to contact the School to discuss issues on a one to one basis.
Preparation For The Future
Our students are prepared for the world of work, or guided into further education, through a range of activities and support programmes, as well as through PSHE lessons and vocational GCSE and GNVQ courses. In addition to works experience placements, they have the chance to meet employers and employees to talk about their jobs and the skills required.
At World Of Work conferences, students gain first-hand insights into a host of professions and investigate interview techniques.
All of this is backed up by strong connections with local colleges and Teesside University.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities is offered at Ormesby.
- We consider it important that students take part in such activities, as they contribute significantly to the vibrant and exciting learning experiences we offer.
- Students enjoy a wide range of after-school sporting activities, taking advantage of our superb sports complex and extensive playing fields.
- Our Field Centre in the beautiful Yorkshire Dales offers residential weekends for outdoor pursuits, team-building exercises and examination study.
This section of our website contains further details on the departments at Ormesby School. Each departmental page gives an overview of the subjects, the department heads, the syllabus and some useful information about the subjects.
Click the department titles on the left hand side. In some instances departments are split into sub sections for additional information.
- The Duke of Edinburgh's Award Scheme and the Youth Enterprise Initiative give students the chance to learn new skills and broaden their experiences.
- There were weekly study visits to Middlesbrough Football Club, study days at Teesside University and residential visits to Cambridge University, as well as trips to France and skiing holidays.
- Our Music Department gives students the opportunity to develop their talents in choirs and bands and with recorder, guitar and percussion ensembles.
- There are also school productions and talent shows, as well as a popular concert tour of Spain.