Introduction by the Chairman of Governors:
Welcome to St. Aidan's Church of England Memorial School. It is a happy place where the staff know and care for all the children. We aim to provide a stimulating atmosphere which is happy and caring. Each child is an individual with strengths and weaknesses and the education is designed so that everyone can achieve their full potential, academically, spiritually and physically.
Children learn best by example. Well presented relevant work with high standards and the correct effective use of resources by dedicated staff are what we offer at St. Aidan's.
As a Church Aided School we have strong links with St. Aidan's Church. Unfortunately the physical distance between school and church means that the children's visits to Church are less frequent than we would prefer, but the Clergy do visit school. As well as these links all the staff are committed to the creation of a Christian ethos throughout the school.
Introduction by the Headteacher:
On behalf of the staff I welcome you and your family to St. Aidan's Church of England Memorial Primary School. We hope that both profit and satisfaction will result from our association in the important task of educating your child. We aim to work closely with you and welcome your support and co-operation in all aspects of school life. If you ever need to know anything please do not hesitate to contact school.
The general aim of St. Aidan's is to provide a happy, caring and Christian environment where children are eager to acquire their statutory entitlement of knowledge, skills and understanding. Our specific aims are:
1) To deliver a planned curriculum, thus ensuring all children achieve their potential.
2) To provide a full range of experiences which extend and enhance the stated curriculum.
3) To ensure that all children attain the highest skills possible in literacy.
4) To ensure that all children attain the highest skills and understanding possible in maths.
5) To teach investigative skills and encourage the acquisition of knowledge when studying science, technology, geography and history.
6) To provide opportunities for expressive and creative arts including music and art.
7) To provide opportunities for active and enjoyable participation in physical education to enable their physical development and an appreciation of the skills of movement.
Times of the School Day:
||8:50am to 11:20am
||12:40pm to 3:10pm|
|Key Stage 1
(Reception to Y2)
|8:50am to 11:40am
||12:55pm to 3:10pm|
|Key Stage 2
(Y3 to Y6)
|8:50am to 12:10pm
||1:00pm to 3:10pm|
After School Activities:
School Friends Club - 3.15pm to 5.30pm
|17th Hartlepool Cubs and Scouts - 6.00pm to 9.00pm
|| 17th Hartlepool Beavers - 6.00pm to 7.00pm
||WeightWatchers - 6.00pm to 7.00pm
|Women's Fellowship - 7.15pm to 9.15pm & Tai Chi - 7.15pm to 8.45pm (alternate weeks)|
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Our mission is for each child to achieve their full potential socially, spiritually, morally, culturally, intellectually and physically. It is the duty of everyone working in and for the school in mutual respect and partnership with their home and the Church, to help every child accomplish this in an attractive and secure working environment.