The Board of Governors will apply the following criteria to identify which children should be admitted either at initial admission to education (P1) or on transfer from another school. In selecting children for admission children resident in Northern Ireland at the time of their proposed admission to the school will be selected for admission to the school before any child not so resident.
Children of compulsory school age:
(1) Children who have brothers / sisters in attendance during the 2003/2004 school year.
(2) Children whose brothers / sisters previously attended the school.
(3) Children whose parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins are members of the staff of Mount St Catherine’s Primary School.
(4) Children whose parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins attended the school.
(5) Children with special circumstances (social, medical or security). The special circumstances must be made known at the time of application. The Board of Governors reserves the right to seek confirmation of the special circumstances from a statutory body.
(6) Proximity of the child’s home to the school, priority being given to those living nearest to the school (Criterion 6 will also be used as a deciding factor where there is over-subscription within a criterion.)
Children not of compulsory school age:
Chronological age starting with the eldest.
If two or more children have the same date of birth, the order of receipt of a completed application form will be the deciding factor. The Principal will be numbering the application forms as they are received.