- The NAME of the Association shall be Glencraig Integrated Primary School Parent Teacher Association.
- The OBJECT of the association is to advance the education of pupils at the school by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education at the school (not normally provided by the local Library Board) and as ancillary thereto and in furtherance of this object the Association may;
(a) foster more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school.
(b) engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it.
- The Association shall be non-political.
- The management and control of the Association shall be vested in a Committee which shall consist of:-
(a) Ten parents elected at an Annual General Meeting
(b) Two members of the teaching staff of the school nominated by the staff
(c) Two members of the school Board of Governors, if nominated
- The Committee shall elect from within its numbers:-
(a) A Chairperson
(b) A Secretary
(c) A Treasurer
- The Principal of the school or his/her nominee shall if required act as Vice-Chairperson.
- Four members of the Management Committee shall constitute a quorum for a meeting.
- Meetings of the Management Committee shall be held at least once a term at such times and places as the committee shall direct.
- The Committee shall have the power to co-opt up to three additional members, and to appoint any sub-committee, and shall prescribe the function of any such sub-committee.
- The Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held during the first term of each school year. At the Annual General Meeting the Chair shall be taken by the Chairperson or in his/her absence by the Vice-Chairperson.
- Membership of the Parent-Teacher Association is open to all parents and guardians of children at the school and teachers employed at the school. Temporary membership may be offered to others at the discretion of the Committee.
- A special General Meeting shall be convened at the request, in writing, to the secretary of TEN members of the association. Such a meeting shall be held within THIRTY days of the request. Agenda and motions submitted shall be circulated to all members.
- Ten eligible members shall constitute a quorum for a General Meeting.
- Casual vacancies on the Committee may be filled by the Committee by co-option.
- No alteration of the Constitution may be made except at the Annual General Meeting or at a Special Meeting called for this purpose.
- The Honorary Treasurer shall keep an account of all income and expenditure and shall submit accounts, duly audited, at the Annual General Meeting. The Banking account shall be in the name of the Association and withdrawals shall be made in the name of the Association on the signature of two out of four nominated Committee Members.
- Two Auditors, not being members of the Committee shall be appointed annually at the Annual General Meeting to audit the accounts and books of the Association.
- The funds of the Association will be applied solely for the development of its stated objects and no portion of the funds may be paid or otherwise distributed amongst the members of the Association. In the event of the dissolution of the Association any funds remaining shall be given or transferred to some other charitable body having objects similar to those of the Association and which shall prohibit the distribution of its funds amongst its members.
- Any matter not provided for in the Constitution shall be dealt with by the Committee, whose decision shall be deemed final.