|Drumachose Primary School|
|Alexander Road, BT49 0BS, UK Limavady|
Tel. 028 7772 2751
Drumachose Primary School was opened on 10th May 1971, by
Sir Dennis Blundell, High Commissioner for New Zealand.
The school was built on rising ground at Alexander Road by
the Co. Londonderry Education Committee to serve the
expanding communities in the town of Limavady and the
surrounding countryside. The first headmaster was Mr. William
Cooke, who transferred with his five teachers from the Ogilby
1. To provide a learning environment in which all our pupils may
become literate and numerate.
2. To provide our pupils with an awareness of scientific,
historical and geographical developments and opportunities to
experience the interaction between their immediate environment
and the world at large.
3. To help our pupils appreciate human achievement in the arts,
music and sciences and to have some practical experiences of
working in these areas.
4. To encourage our pupils to be aware of the need for physical
recreation and healthy standards of living.
5. To enable our pupils to meet with Christian values and
develop moral responsibility.
6. To help our pupils to observe details, interpret evidence,
investigate solutions, analyse problems, solve problems and
record results in all aspects of work.
7. To help our pupils develop a sense of self respect, self
discipline, independence and the ability to function as a
member of a group.
8. To work together as members of a team to provide all our
children with an example of co-operation, comradeship and
care for others.
Attendance and Punctuality
1. Pupils must be in school by 9.00 am.
2. Pupils who are continually late will be reported to the Principal and,
if necessary, to the E.W.O.
3. All absences must be explained either by a note signed by a parent or be a
Dress and Possessions
1. Pupils are expected to wear school uniform every day and on official school
2. All clothing must be clearly marked with the owner's name.
3. Outdoor coats etc. must be left in the cloakrooms or the peg areas assigned
4. All pupils must have a school bag. Textbooks should be covered. Books
should not be defaced in any way.
5. Expensive toys, jewellery and valuables should not be brought to school.
6. Money for meals, milk etc. should be placed in an envelope with name,
amount and purpose clearly labelled.
Permission to Leave School
1. Permission to leave school for an appointment with a doctor, dentist, hospital or
health centre will only be granted if the appointment card is shown to the teacher or
2. Pupils who have to leave school for any other reason must bring a note to be
3. Pupils are not allowed to leave the school premises at break time. Only those who
go home for lunch are permitted to leave at lunchtime.
4. Parents taking children out of school during school hours must sign the children
Movement Around the School
1. No running is permitted inside the school.
2. All doors may be used by pupils except the front door.
3. Once inside school in the morning pupils must hang up their coasts, leave
their bags in the classroom and then decide whether to stay in or go out until the
4. Pupils must walk on the left, in single file to avoid congestion.
Before School - Break Time - Lunch Time - After School
1. Pupils must play in the playground allocated to their particular class. All other areas are
out of bounds, i.e. drive, gates, car park etc. Grass areas are only used when the weather
2. Bicycles are not to be ridden in the school grounds and must be left in the parking bays.
3. Pupils must keep off all slopes, walks, fences and stairways.
4. School bags must not obstruct doorways or stairways.
5. Pupils with packed lunches must not bring drinks in glass bottles.
6. Only pupils who have presented a note will be allowed to remain indoors.
7. Pupils must endeavour to keep the school free of litter.
8. Pupils involved in after-school activities must go home immediately when dismissed.
9. Bus pupils must walk to the bus area, wait and board the bus when instructed to do so by
the teacher on duty.
10. A high standard of behaviour is expected from the pupils at all times.
primary schools in Limavady,
secondary schools in Limavady,
schools in Limavady