Buxworth School is a small, rural, community school in the Peak District of Derbyshire.
It is a co-educational school for children aged four and a half to eleven years. It has no religious affiliations.
Aims of the School
During their time at Buxworth School we seek to ensure that children will reach their full potential. Consideration will be given to physical, intellectual, emotional, aesthetic, social and spiritual growth. We aim to:-
- Create an environment in which to work which is friendly, happy and secure, and contains bright, lively and stimulating display
- Provide equality of opportunity for everyone in the school community and recognise each child as an individual
- Foster high standards of social behaviour as well as personal and academic achievement
- Promote self-confidence and independence whilst respecting and appreciating the needs and differences of others
- Encourage a spirit of co-operation by working and performing together
- Equip children with skills and knowledge necessary to function within the village community as well as within a fast changing world
- Develop lively enquiring minds together with a sense of fun and good humour
- Establish close links between school, parents and the wider community including our pre-school
As Headteacher, I would like to welcome you to our school. .
We moved into our new premises in 2003 and are delighted with our well-resourced spacious rooms and attractive surroundings.
We wish our children to have special and happy memories of their time at Buxworth School and value highly the positive relationships we have built between children, parents, staff, governors and our neighbouring community.
We have a lot to be proud about at Buxworth School. Our Ofsted report in 1999 recognised the good practice seen here.
I would be pleased to show you around Buxworth School, for you to feel the friendly atmosphere here, give you the opportunity to meet the staff and see the children as they work and play together.