· To remember that we are a Church of England Primary School and to keep the Christian principles and teaching of Christ at the
forefront of all we do.
· To nurture a life-long love of learning, not only in the children but also in the community as a whole.
· To provide a safe and happy learning environment, which has the full support of all parents and the community, and which fosters confident, enthusiastic children who want to learn.
· To encourage and support all children to reach their full potential.
· To provide a stimulating, exciting and structured environment which promotes learning through practical work, experimentation and creativity, stemming from first-hand experience wherever possible.
· To develop pupils self-motivation, acknowledging that different children learn in different ways and accepting, celebrating and embracing everyone’s individuality.
· To offer access to a wide range of facilities and experiences, both on and off site, within a well-planned, wide and varied curriculum.
· To develop pupils’ self-esteem through encouragement, praise and the giving of responsibility and by celebrating achievement in all areas.
· To take the best of new technologies, but not to be ruled by them.
· To offer each child a sense of identity and yet be responsive to the needs of a culturally diverse world.
· To develop staff skills so that we offer the best possible level of teaching and learning.
· To value the excellent links with the community and develop the existing partnership with our cluster and pyramid schools.