Welcome to John Port School
The John Port School is an all-ability school for students aged from eleven to nineteen years. It was opened in 1965 following the reorganisation of secondary education in Derby and occupies an attractive site in a semi-rural setting in the village of Etwall.
The school's aim is to provide a caring environment in which students are able to make the most of their abilities to develop into mature and responsible citizens. John Port School prides itself on its academic success and on its all round care for students
"The Opportunity to Succeed".
- Our school is a happy and safe community where everyone can feel at home
- We encourage the highest academic standards whilst fostering each individual's personality and talents
- Our staff are highly qualified and very experienced.
- We believe a good home-school relationship is central to the success of every student.
- We encourage students to be proud of their achievements