Providing a warm, friendly, caring learning environment
Parkside Junior School is committed to providing:
- A warm, friendly, caring learning environment.
- Encouragement for all children to be active in the learning process.
- Support to promote a strong positive sense of self worth and respect for others.
- Experiences both in and out of the classroom to consolidate and extend learning enabling children to achieve their full potential.
- Good quality resources to enhance the delivery of the curriculum.
A warm welcome awaits you from the children at Parkside.
We believe very strongly that the education of children represents a partnership between Home and School and that clear lines of communication are a vital element of fostering this partnership. We have an open door policy and welcome communications and visits from family members at any time.
We consider it to be very important that when your child first joins our school and when the time comes to move on to Secondary School, the transition is as smooth as possible. We therefore maintain very close links with our local Infant and Secondary Schools.
We also arrange special Open afternoons and evenings for parents of Year 2 children during the Spring and Summer terms respectively, to enable you to come along and see us in action and to meet and talk to staff and children at our school.
Miss Sally Jones, the Headteacher, is always happy to make special arrangements for families to come along to meet her and see our school in action.