We are a friendly village school with approximately 60 pupils on roll aged between 4 and 8. We enjoy close links with the church and the community. Our aim is to provide quality learning experiences and to encourage the development and achievement of all our pupils
Ofsted last inspected the school in 1999 and found that:
- Attainment at the end of Key Stage 1 is above average in English.
- Attainment in Mathematics and Science is well above average at the end of Key Stage 1.
- The quality of teaching is good overall; some teaching is very good.
- The attitudes and behaviour of pupils are good and there are very good relationships within the school.
- The curriculum for under fives is good.
- The provision for pupils' moral and spiritual development is good.
- Many parents are well informed abut their children's learning and are actively involved in it.
- The school successfully puts its aims, values and policies into practice.
- There is a very positive ethos for learning
Admission is in accordance with Leicestershire's Common Admissions Policy.
Children in catchment can enter our Foundation Class part time the term after they are 4. Children out of catchment but living in Leicestershire can enter school at the same age as they would enter their catchment school. Children from out of county will be considered for admission into our Foundation Class in accordance with our planned admission limit. For further information and to visit us, please contact the school.
We take children from Foundation Stage to the end of Year 3 when they transfer to the parent's choice of primary school.