|Tibshelf School is one of six Derbyshire Schools that will be part of an £88 million pound 'Building Schools for the Future' initiative. It is hoped that Tibshelf will be completely rebuilt with new state of the art facilities. School children and the local community will have an input into the plans for the new school, which would have to take into account future community needs and changes in education. It is hoped that the new school will be complete and ready for use in 2011 - just in time for the school's centenary.
The PE Department at Tibshelf Community School and Sports College will aim to:
- Develop the skills and understandingof teachers and make imaginative use of new technologies as a means of raising the quality of teaching and learning in PE.
- Extend provision and facilities to benefit all students of all sporting abilities, whilst also giving those with the greatest potential the opportunities to achieve the highest standards of which they are capable.
- Support the Government's aspiration for all young people to have 2 hours of high quality PE within and outside the curriculum.
- Work closely with other schools and the wider community in developing and sharing good practice, facilities, human and other resources with a view to improving learning opportunities for all.
- Participate in national initiatives and competitions that enrich the provision of PE and School Sport for our own pupils and those of our family of schools.
- Take a leading role in the Government's PE, School Sport and Club Links Strategy (PESSCL) including hosting the Bolsover School Sports Partnership as part of the LEA strategy and developing effective links with Sports Development and other wider community groups.
The school annualy produces curriculum booklets detailing the content of the curriculum for each year group in school. Please click on a link below to read these documents.