As a community school we feel that it is very important that parents know and understand us so that they can make an informed choice about our school.
Parents are extremely aware of how important the choice of school is for their child. At St Augustine's we hope to be able to support parents in this important decision making process by being as honest, and welcoming, as we can.
This school enjoys a popularity that is communicated through the parental network as well as through its parish role, with the majority of our pupils coming to the school as baptised Catholics.
The quality of education at St. Augustine's is rooted in the school’s mission statement and the philosophy of the education of the whole child - intellectual, spiritual, social and emotional development make up the school’s curriculum.
Families who choose St. Augustine's School are making an active choice, as the school is rarely the nearest school. However, through a commitment to this school and its values, we can then expect, and enjoy, a positive partnership, to the benefit of each child.
I hope that anyone who takes the time and trouble to read about us is able to appreciate the importance we give to our school and it’s community.
The school is fortunate in being able to provide a high standard of facilities and equipment for its 209 children. We have:-
A large hall used for PE, assembly, music etc.
a small hall used as a dining hall
a large staffroom
an outdoor swimming pool and changing rooms
a large sports field
a library and computer suite
a medical room/small teaching room
a small technology room
a large Infant area/teaching space
an administration office and the Headteacher’s office
Our Catholic school encourages the integration of a pupil's intellectual, spiritual, moral, emotional, psychological, social and physical development thus assisting progress towards the fullness of life that comes from God.
The school is at the heart of the Parishes, welcoming, supporting and working in partnership with families enabling their children to grow to their full potential.
We want to create a caring and secure environment in which children, parents and staff can thrive and come to know and love God and respect each other.
Our curriculum is about the growth and development of the whole person. Our teaching is planned to meet the needs of each child, and to inspire a desire to learn.
Education at St Augustine's should enable all:
· to be happy and gain in confidence and self-esteem
· to be able to make informed choices
· to develop enquiring minds and to become self-motivated life long learners
· to be able to work independently and collaboratively
· to work towards full potential in all areas of school life
· to be supported in the continuation of their Christian journey
· to develop self-worth, respecting themselves, others and the environment
· to be flexible and adaptable for the modern world through technological awareness and expertise combined with an understanding of traditional means
· to develop self-discipline within a spiritual framework
· to value and care for others in work, rest and play