"We aim to bring out the best in each child in a happy and hard-working school."
We aim to help each child to:
- reach their potential in all subjects;
- take pride in work well done;
- work at improving weaker areas.
Learning to live together
We also aim to help each child to:
- become more self-confident and independent;
- be able to work as part of a team;
- stand up for their self without hurting others.
We expect high standards of conduct and make children aware of this through our rules.
Basic School Rules
- do as you are asked, first time;
- keep hands, feet and objects to yourself;
- be polite and kind and don't use bad language.
We want pupils to take a pride in their school and to this end we actively encourage the wearing of the simple uniform listed below:
|Trousers, skirt/pinafore dress
||Blue & white gingham|
|Summer T-shirt (£4 up to size 32)
||White with school logo|
|School Tie (£1.60)
||Blue & gold|
The school tie, T-shirt and sweatshirt (price £8.00 for sizes up to 32") are normally held in stock at the school office.
PARENTS AND SCHOOL
Children make the best progress when home and school work together in a partnership for the benefit of the child. We, therefore, hold parent and teacher consultations in the autumn and spring terms.
Please note that parents are always very welcome to see their child's teacher at any mutually convenient time.
We are also glad for parents to come into school to help with practical tasks around the school or in the classroom.
OFSTED inspected Underhill school in June 2003. The inspectors found a range of good features including:
- good teaching and learning;
- staff care strongly for all who work and learn there;
- good teaching of literacy and numeracy in English and mathematics lessons;
- pupils achieve well in their time at the school;
- good provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs;
- good systems to support pupils who need it
- good assessment of pupils' work.