Winton Arts and Media College is a good college committed to achieving the highest academic standards within a caring and challenging environment. Our success reflects our motto "we are here to learn together". We work in partnership with our students, parents and local community.
Our broad and balanced education with its challenging additional experiences produce independent, open-minded and confident young people, with a desire for lifelong learning and readiness to face future challenges. We develop in students the academic social skills which enable them to move freely and productively beyond the boundaries of their own community.
We have high expectations of ourselves and of our students which is reflected in excellent examination results, strong leadership and management and professionalism of our staff. We aim to provide a stimulating, well-organised and disciplined environment where respect for others and a caring attitude prevail. One of our aims is for all our students to have a sense of pride and affection for their school and their community.
The quality of our work has recently been recognised through gaining specialist status in Arts and Media and by achieving our best ever examination results.
Learning together we are going from strength to strength. I hope you would like to join a successful and progressive college with an exciting vision. If you wish to know more about us or see us at work contact us to arrange a visit.
Students are expected:
- To work to the best of your ability in classwork and homework and take advantage of all opportunities and develop your skills and interests through your studies, leisure activities and service to the community. Our motto is "We are here to learn together".
- To conform to school rules and be proud of being a member of Winton School Community.
- To be dressed in correct school uniform and take pride in your appearance.
We believe that parents have a critical part to play in helping the school to provide the best possible education for all our students and that those who wish their children to be educated at Winton School will agree to the following commitments:
- To support the school in the standards of work and behaviour we seek to achieve, by encouraging your child to take an interest in his work and to sustain maximum effort and achievement in all areas of study. This should involve making sure that your child has a suitable place and a regular time for completion of homework, and that his homework diary is signed each week.
- To take part in regular discussion about your child’s progress and development, particularly by attending parents' evenings and review days.
- To keep staff informed about matters or concerns which may be affecting your son’s progress or attitude.
- To ensure regular attendance and high standards of appearance and punctuality as laid down by the Governors and Headteacher.
- To assist the school in trying to make sure that students conform to the rules.
- To support the school in the maintenance of high standards of discipline by accepting the school's policy of rewards and sanctions.