Introduction to the school.
This website aims to give you a look into the various aspects of school life that make Baxter Business and Enterprise College what it is.
The college offers students a diverse and complete teaching experience that will give them the best springboard into adult, professional life - no matter what chosen path - through academic and vocational qualifications.
The College mission statement "raising the achievement of all through quality learning" is a precise statement of our intent and provides the keynote to the entire life of the College. Although our physical resources are, of course, important, the quality and dedication of the whole staff is vital.
A measure of this comes from our exceptional extra-curricular programme which staff offer, in their spare time, to enhance the learning experience for our students.
Our aim is to instill in our students, not only an understanding of learning, but also the pleasure that can be found in a sense of purpose and achievement.
This site is updated on a regular basis, and in it you can find:
* News and features about the school.
* Archived news features.
* A Student Space - where the voice of masses can be heard.
* A Gallery - a photographic reflection of the school and students - including photographs of special school events and everyday life.
* Facilities - the college is a superbly resourced venue for outside companies and events. Find details of what we could do for you here.
* A full calendar of the school year's events.
* Links - here you can find a list of links to outside agencies and affiliates to the school. There is also a link to the Learning Gateway (login here), where students are able to submit work and draw resources.
As this website develops it shall hopefully become an invaluable school resource, where resources and information can be downloaded freely for the support of active students. We aim to upload Podcasts™ for revision and entertainment purposes - becoming as interactive as possible.
This website is updated on a very regular basis, and so can be the first port of call when it comes to keeping up to date with the comings and goings of life at Baxter College.