Catshill Middle School is a mixed county school for pupils aged nine to thirteen years and forms part of the North Bromsgrove Pyramid. At the same time as maintaining close links with the schools in its pyramid, we also keep in touch with other local schools. The majority of our children leave us to join North Bromsgrove High School although a limited number each year leave to join other High Schools. Some pupils' gain places at King Edward's School for Boys, King Edward VI High School for Girls, Bromsgrove School, Alice Ottley and other Independent Schools.
A good education is every child's entitlement and we recognise that this places a duty on us to provide all our pupils with opportunities to develop their characters and personalities as well as their academic work. All teaching and non-teaching staff at Catshill hope that our pupils association with our school will be a happy one. We believe that the chances of a successful school career are greatly increased when parents and staff work together to this common end.
Parents who are considering their child's middle school education or who would like their child to transfer to Catshill are most welcome to visit and see our school in operation.
We are proud of our school and the work we do here. With the commitment of our staff and the support of parents, children and the local community, we at Catshill are achieving outstanding academic and social standards and our children are well placed to hold their own in our modern and ever changing society.
Catshill Middle is a caring school where pupils are given support from a strong pastoral team ensuring that any bullying issues are delt with swiftly and effectively.
Catshill Middle School aims to be an excellent school which;-
- provides challenges and opportunities which will enable all (adults and pupils) to learn, develop and achieve success
- develops pupils as good citizens who are able to make positive contributions and lead successful lives
- develops pupils who are well-mannered, tolerant and considerate towards others
We will achieve this through:-
- providing safe, inclusive, stimulating and varied learning experiences
- developing an exciting and creative curriculum
- acknowledging, celebrating and rewarding achievements
- encouraging high standards of behaviour, attitude and manners
- promoting social, spiritual and emotional development
- providing a range of study support activities
- encouraging healthy life styles through regular exercise and a balanced diet
- ensuring that pupils of all abilities are respected, included and valued
- encouraging the support and involvement of parents, carers and the local community
- developing community access opportunities
- working in partnership with key agencies and organisations
- providing high quality teaching which meets the needs of all pupils
- developing pupils' learning skills so that they can be confident and independent learners
- providing appropriate curriculum facilities, resources and accommodation
- enhancing pupils' learning through e-learning opportunities
- supporting each other and encouraging team work
These are the values which we believe will help to develop pupils as good citizens who are; well-mannered, tolerant, considerate towards others, able to make positive contributions and lead successful lives
At Catshill Middle School we value;-
- Praise and recognition
- Honesty and Truth