Appleford is a day, weekly and full boarding school for children with dyslexia & associated learning difficulties aged 7-13. It is set in 8 acres of parkland 12 miles from Salisbury.
The full curriculum is taught within small groups of 7 – 12 pupils. In addition pupils benefit from on site Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
Experienced Houseparents and Group Tutors provide excellent pastoral care.
- Co-educational school for children aged 7-13.
- For children with dyslexia, dyspraxia, associated learning difficulties and ADHD.
- Full boarding, weekly boarding and day provision.
- Access to full National Curriculum, differentiated according to needs and abilities.
- Particular emphasis on literacy and numeracy skills.
- Small class sizes for English and maths.
- A whole-school approach to dyslexia
- Multisensory programmes to encourage self-confidence, self-esteem and feelings of success.
- Pastoral support by Houseparents and Group Tutors, and in PSHE sessions.
- All Teachers DfES qualified, most have RSA or Hornsby Diplomas in Specific Learning Difficulties/Dyslexia.
- Experienced, mature and caring Houseparents.
- Friendly, structured boarding houses to develop personal organisation and life skills.
- Extensive games and fixtures programme
- Numerous challenging and fun out-of-school activities
- Professional Support Team, including Educational Psychologist, Speech & Language Therapist and Occupational Therapist.
- Approved by the DfES under Section 324 of The Education Act 1996.
- Accredited by the IAPS (Incorporated Association of Prep Schools).
- Approved by CReSTeD (Council for the Registration of Schools Teaching Dyslexic Children)
- Supporting Member of the BDA (British Dyslexia Association)