Welcome to Minety!
Welcome to the Minety Church of England Primary School website.
I have been the Headteacher of Minety since April 2006 and I am extremely proud of what the school and our students have achieved together in such a short space of time. I am passionate about our school and if you know the school already, you will know that I am also dedicated to raising standards in all that we do. Only the best is good enough.
People working together usually achieve great things and I believe that our school is at its best when parents, children, staff and governors are working in partnership.
I believe that the school should help every young person to achieve their full potential, and that most people can achieve more than they thought possible. The school is committed to ensuring that our young children enjoy learning and find success. As you look through the website you will see how we aim to work with parents to help your children to grow into positive, confident and secure young adults.
There is nothing in the world I would rather do than be the Headteacher of Minety Primary School. As you get to know the school I am sure that you will be able to understand why.
At Minety CE Primary School we believe that children are at the heart of teaching and learning. For each individual, we aim to enrich their school experience and prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and challenges of adult life; this is within a Christian ethos where all feel valued and secure and where diversity is celebrated. We are committed to the provision of a caring, safe, healthy and well-structured learning environment and the promotion of high standards and achievement for all. We look forward to welcoming all who want to become part of our learning community.
Our Mission Statement
Enjoy, Enthuse and Excel
Our Aims (what we want to do)
- We aim for all children to achieve high standards across the curriculum and in all aspects of school life.
- We encourage an enthusiastic attitude towards learning.
- We aim to promote the skills needed to become independent learners.
- We plan to create learning environments, which will enhance the high expectations and standards of children’s work.
- We value all children for who they are, not just for what they can do and we expect all children to value everyone else in the school community in the same way.
- We recognise the importance of parents as the first educators and we aim to build on that foundation. We see them as partners in the learning process and we seek ways to strengthen that partnership for the benefit of the children.
- We aim to prepare children for life in our society. We want them to show respect and value themselves, other people and the environment.
- ...in order to prepare them for adult life and life-long learning.